Dancer performs Skein by Rachel Birch-Lawson 2017
Made in Kent Dance competition
Open IN 2019
What is it?
We are offering dance companies and artists the opportunity to perform in the popular Festival venue of St Mary’s Studio Theatre as part of the 2018 Canterbury Festival.
Who is it for?
Kent-based solo dancers making their own work, aged 16+
Kent-based dance companies performing their own repertoire (majority of company members aged 16+)
What work are the Festival looking for?
15-30 minutes in duration
Work falling into 1 of 3 categories:
- Hatchling (brand new work, not been performed before)
- Fledgling (some elements have been performed)
- Fully fledged (already been performed)
What do you get?
- A paid performance opportunity in Canterbury Festival – Kent’s International Arts Festival
- Featured in the Festival brochure and online at www.canterburyfestival.co.uk
- Mentoring and professional development support in conjunction with Kent Dance Network
- £250 per winning dance group to contribute towards costs and expenses.
What do you have to do?
Fill in the application form and return to Canterbury Festival by Friday 24 May 2019 to Charlotte Chapman, firstname.lastname@example.org along with any supporting images or video of the proposed and/or previous work.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
What are the terms and conditions?
- Deadline for submitting a proposal is Friday 24 May 2019
- Only original material will be considered.
- Material should be suitable for performance in a black box studio space with raked seating for 120 audience members.
- A lighting and sound technician will be provided by the Festival but you should prepare a technical specification/script with cues.
Made in Kent dance competition is supported by: