Sun-drenched Barham Court at the 2016 Friends Picnic and Concert.
Welcome to the Festival Friends
The Friends were formed to support the Canterbury Festival and over the years have contributed enormously to its success and are proud to continue to do so. Outside of the Festival itself the Friends hold a whole range of fabulous fundraising events and issue a Newsletter twice a year with details of all that’s going on, even giving sneak previews of the forthcoming Festival. The Friends also run the Poet of the Year Competition which now reaches out as far as Australia!
Many Festival events sell out quickly and one of the benefits of being a Friend is a two week priority booking period immediately before the tickets go on sale to the general public. Friends also get discounts on tickets and last minute offers for selected events.
So, if you went to anything during the Festival, or wish you had, if you enjoyed a show or missed out on something you wanted to see, why not join the Friends? For as little as £25 per year for single membership, £35 for a couple and £40 for a family you can take advantage of all the privileges.
Become a Friend
- Two weeks priority booking exclusively for Friends for all Festival events.
- Discounts on selected Festival events.
- Special offers and last minute deals.
- Twice yearly newsletter with previews of Festival events.
- A full social programme of Friends' events organised throughout the year.
- Listing in the Festival Concert Programme and on the Festival website
We also have special Silver and Gold memberships which have extra benefits:
- Silver Friend - £100
- All Friends Benefits + Invitation for 2 to the Brochure Launch in July
- Gold Friend - £300
- All Friends Benefits + Invitations for 2 to the Brochure Launch in July and to our Sponsors' and Supporters' Reception during the Festival
- We also do Gift Memberships for that out-of-the ordinary present!
renew your Friends membership
If you have any difficulties or wish to know more about this, please contact Tina at the Festival Office or email email@example.com.
The Friends are a vital and valued part of the Canterbury Festival so if you’re a Festival fan why not join today and contribute to its success.
If you are a UK taxpayer HMRC allows the Festival to reclaim basic rate tax which means a further £0.25 for every £1 paid. Click here to download a Gift Aid Declaration Form.
The Festival Friends are now working closely with The Friends of Canterbury Cathedral and would like to offer all Festival Friends a further exclusive benefit:
Four months free membership of The Friends of Canterbury Cathedral
Your membership benefits would include:
- Four months free unlimited entry to the Cathedral and its Precincts*
- A Programme of Friends’ Events – including Friends’ Day each summer
- 10% discount in the Cathedral Shop
- The Friends’ Newsletter
The Friends of Canterbury Cathedral are the Cathedral’s fan club. They are admirers of the building, its history and its community. They are part of the Cathedral and work together to cherish it forever, contributing financially and directly, to many individual projects, and provide a channel for individuals to show their support.
Annual and Life Friends of Canterbury Cathedral enjoy further benefits, including a special New Member Celebration which includes a free Guided Tour of the Cathedral.
so why not sign up for four months free membership and get a taste of what’s on offer? Please contact The Friends’ Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating Festival Friends in the Subject box or phone 01227 865292. If you would like to join the Friends of Canterbury Cathedral immediately, they will still give you four months extra free on top of your first 12 months membership in your first year. Please note this offer is not open to current Friends of the Cathedral.
For more information contact Tina on 01227 452853 or email@example.com